what should be done for this DX ? I also

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: what should be done for this DX ? I also have and am alright for today for my left shoulder blade and my left shoulder I can not raise my arm there is a lump on my scapula, Constant pain pins and needles can not turn my head to the left at all for the past 2 months since January 4th I think this is more than a pinched nerve. The pain goes into my neck face and down into my fingers. Pain under left arm pit down the underside of the arm, shallow breathing.. deep breathing hurts.. smoke <1pk day.wheezing What can I expect the results to be from this Mri and best remedy for attached report. cant look up or turn head to left at all x2 months. havent drivin a car. Without contrast thank you, XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 3 minutes later
Here is a better view of my written report for my C spine
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
suggestive of spinal stenosis and pinched nerves- detailed advises below

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service.

The MRI report you have attached shows spinal stenosis in C5-C7. It means that the last 3 vertebrae of the neck are causing narrowing of the space where the spine goes through and also pinching the nerves that go out of the spine in these levels.

You also have an altered shape of the cervical spine with the vertebra being misaligned which might be the reason why you have it difficult to do some head movements.

Some of your symptoms are due to the nerves being pinched but also due to muscles being in spasm due to pain.

First, we try treatment with Tylenol and Advil and sometimes your doctor might prescribe Amitryptiline or Gabapentin to help with nerve related pain.

Some physiotherapy might help reducing muscle spasms and relieve pain so it might be advisable to have a check with a physiotherapist.

If all the above do not help then surgery is needed and discussing with a neurosurgeon might be needed.

I hope this answers your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee