Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

what is the treatment for formalaldhyde exposure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3621 Questions
what is the treatment for formalaldhyde exposure I had a mobile home with formaldehyde
warning. I lived there for two years and now I have been diagnose with copd. Before I moved into the traler I was playing basketball with high school kids. I was working everyday.
Then I started getting short of breath.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Chronic exposure to the formaldehyde can irritate the respiratory mucosa and lead to conditions like COPD.

Since you have moved out and away from the exposure site, there is no need to worry, as the body on its own detoxifies the remaining formaldehyde in the body.

You may have to take measures like Aerobics and anti-allergic medications to nullify the effects of the long exposure of the formaldehyde on the respiratory mucosa.

Do consult a Pulmonolgist who can prescribe better and suitable medications for the problem you have.

Hope, I answered your query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor