Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

what is the remedy for heavy bleeding and period for 3 weeks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12630 Questions
hi i am 28 and have had a period for three weeks now and about two days ago i started going heavier and wih clots it. going through over night pads in thrity miniutes. what should i do?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Having period for three weeks continuously and now passing of clots with a heavy flow is suggestive of a uterine pathology like fibroids or a hormonal disturbance or a bleeding disorder. The cause needs to be diagnosed with the help of investigations like ultrasound scan, complete blood picture, hormone tests, etc under the guidance of your gynaecologist.
Presently to decrease the bleeding you need to have progesterone only pills along with some hemostatic agents in consultation with your gynaecologist.
You can take iron supplements to avoid anemia due to excessive blood loss from the body.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow ups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor