what is the most common treatment for gall stonnes
Treatment options for gallstones are explained below in details.
Hello dear, Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The treatment of gallstones consists of medications and surgery.
The decision about proper treatment depends on the size of the gallstones and also the symptoms.
The medications can dissolve gallstones but need time to be effective.
They are used when the symptoms are mild and the size of the stones is small.
The most common medication used in this case is Ursodiol.
If you feel pain or you have other symptoms such as jaundice the treatment may consist of surgery.
The surgery consists of removing the gallbladder stones.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?