what is the growth on nipple that is not painful?

General Surgeon
Question
I have a growth growing out of my nipple, it looked like a pimple at first and it was painful, now it is not painful and it looks like a shiny people or gland with not head.If I need a rx can you call on in?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
needs a mammogram and clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Though you have stopped visiting doctors, but this time you definitely need to visit a surgeon for a clinical examination of this growth, as there is a very high possibility of it being malignant, given your age and its painless nature. And breast cancer if detected early, have a very good cure rates.

Also i would suggest that you get a mammogram of the same. That will greatly help in reaching a diagnosis.

Hope u have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma

Follow-up: what is the growth on nipple that is not painful? 19 minutes later
There is no pain and it started out looking like a white head pimple, do you still think this is cancerous?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:

Yes, the painless nature of the growth goes in favour of malignancy.

Infective or inflammatory growths are usually painful and cancerous growths are usually painless.

So better get it examined. Maybe a biopsy will also be needed to confirm the diagnosis.

Dr. Ashish Verma

Follow-up: what is the growth on nipple that is not painful? 1 hour later
What kind of Dr. should I seek? Dermatologist?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
a surgeon

Detailed Answer:

As i had told in my first reply, you need to show that to a surgeon for a clinical examination and further management.

Dr. Ashish Verma