Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

what is the further treatment for bursitis in hips with severe pain and limited movement?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hi, I have had both hip replaced at the same time, my right hip was good but my left hip has always had severe pain and limited my movement . After X-rays and scan I was told today you have bursitis of the hips and mothering can be done. I have been a diabetics type 1 for 64 years, Have have goog moment . Where do I. Go from here
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Injection of a corticosteroid will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case. Many people with hip bursitis can experience relief with simple lifestyle changes, including: Modification of activities—avoiding the activities that worsen symptoms Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (analgesic), such as ibuprofen or, piroxicam, to control inflammation and pain. Injection of a corticosteroid along with a local anaesthetic may also be helpful in relieving symptoms of hip bursitis. This is a simple and effective treatment that can be done by consulting your treating doctor. If bursa does not resolve with single injection then a repeat injection may be needed. If all these procedure does not give relief then surgical debridement may be required. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor