Owl Image

what causes nausea and stomach problems in night?

Owl Image
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Question
Every night around 12:30 I wake up with nausea and extremely nervous stomach and cannot go back to sleep. This has been going on for about 6 months now. Doctor put me on prilosac and now I do not have anymore heartburn but stomach always nauseaus.
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
GERD

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
From your history and symptoms it is most likely Gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Acid from the stomach goes back to esophagus causing heart burn and nausea.

Prilosac contains omeprazole which reduces acid production in stomach, so your heart burn diminished. To reduce the reflux you need to add domperidone to your prescription. There can be chance of H. pylori infection and it can be ruled out by tests. Consult your treating doctor with these options too.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar