Ask a Urologist   »  

what causes increased sensitivity on penis head ?

Question
Hi, I am experiencing greatly increased sensitivity on the head of my penis. Just lightly rubbing my finger across it is very sensitive, much more than normal. In addition to that, I have discoloration on the head. Not much, but very subtle areas that are lighter and darker. I also am having pain inside my penis. I think it is inside, near the tip. Again it's not serious, but noticeable. I also have felt some pain above my penis, on my lower abdomen. I'm not sure what all of this means.

I have no bumps, no blisters, no discharge, no rash, no sickness. My symptoms seem to be limited to what I described above.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Balanoposthitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Sir

Going by your description of symptoms it is suggestive of Balanoposthitis. It is the inflammation of glans and prepuce.
Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination. It would be very helpful if you could provide me with clinical photograph for further assessment and advise.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD