what causes ear ringing that comes on all of a

Dr. Shyam B. Kale

Posted on Fri, 5 Apr 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: what causes ear ringing that comes on all of a sudden and the gets louder and stays.
Follow up: Dr. Shyam B. Kale 0 minute later
what causes ear ringing that comes on all of a sudden and the gets louder and stays.
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be age related. Require further confirmation.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern. Here is the advice.

As per your history, ear ringing i. e. tinnitus may be due to age related hearing loss or trauma.

Please let me know your age. Do you have history of trauma or injury to ear, dizziness, headache, fever, hearing loss? Kindly follow up with detailed history.

For that you may require detailed medical examination and evaluation by ENT specialist.

Are you taking any medications like aspirin, diuretics or any antibiotics? In that case you may require alternative medications.

Along with that avoid loud sound. You can use waxiklin ear drops to remove ear wax. Take proper rest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

Dr Shyam Kale.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Dr Shyam Kale.

Follow up: Dr. Shyam B. Kale 23 hours later
I have Hydrocephalus and epilepsy I should have said tha t the ringing isn't new. it's that sometimes it will stop for awhile the start up all of a sudden low then get high real fast then stay there and not stop . like right now it started up again and has been going on for two weeks loud.
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be age related. Get evaluated by neurologist also.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your reply.

I think it may be due to age. As age progresses inner ear cells become more sensitive to sound. So avoid loud sound.

Some studies say that it may be due to epilepsy and hydrocephalus, but chances are less if you are on regular treatment. Kindly get evaluated with detailed medical examination by neurologist.

Dr Shyam Kale.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your reply.

Dr Shyam Kale.