what are recent treatments for hair loss, I am 26
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor,
I have gone through your query and can certainly understand your concern,
Hair fall can result from a variety of causes mainly hormonal imbalance or some skin diseases involving the scalp area. Other common causes are poor nutrition, hereditary causes.
I would suggest you to do the following:
- Take any OTC multivitamins and biotin tablets which helps in hair growth.
- You can get a thyroid profile test done, any if any deranged values are found, it can be treated accordingly.
- If you suffer from an itchy scalp, it would be good to apply antifungal shampoo so as to control the flakiness. Also avoid using any strong shampoos and soaps on your hair.
- You can consider applying a mixture of castor oil, coconut oil and aloe vera on your hair as they help in hair growth.
Medically, you can try applying MINOXIDIL 5% lotion onto your hair once or twice daily.
I hope this helps,
Please feel free to discuss further,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedies for severe cough
- How long does Amoxicillin take to show effect?
- What causes weakness and tingling sensation in the legs?
- Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating and discomfort
- What causes headache and excessive burping after skipping a meal?
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What causes mild pain in the ankle while walking?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking a contraceptive pill?
- What does this blood test report indicate?