weight loss of 30 lbs in 3 months, difficulty breathing
Please attach me the chest CT and spirometry test
Hello and welcome in HCM
Yes according to the history you provide your breathlessness might be normal in interstitial lung diseases but it depends on the scale of the interstitial involvement which means that how much lung tissue if not normal
So it would be great to attach me the chest CT and I will try to help you again
Another test is the Spirometry test results.It is very important to do that.Please attach them too if you have already done it.
I hope to have been helpful
Symptoms started approximately 3 weeks ago with exception of weight loss which has occurred over 3 month period. Initially believed it was due to increased activity level and eating less, but seems extreme.
Do chest CT and spirometry test
If you have not done yet chest CT and spirometry test than you should definitely do them.Please consult with your doctor.
For evaluation of the lung tissue involvement we can not guide only from chest X ray.
Regarding weight loss I don't think this might be from lung problems however chest CT should clearly show if it is with lung origin or not.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?