weakness dry mouth frequent urination and sleeping a lot
Could be worsening diabetes or urinary tract infection, please visit doctor
Welcome to Ask a Doctor.
Your symptoms are indicative of either acute worsening of diabetes if you are a diabetic due to some infection.
Or it could just be an urinary tract infection.
Your blood glucose level needs to checked without delay, if the blood glucose levels are very high, then that would cause diabetic ketoacidosis which is a life threatening medical emergency.
In any case I would urge you to go to the ER without delay and get yourself examined completely and also do get blood sugar level checked.
Please do drink plenty of water even if it means more urination.
It will help in both scenarios.
If it is urinary tract infection, then urine culture and sensitivity needs to be done and appropriate antibiotics need to be started, empirically you will prescribe ciprofloxacin till the culture reports are available.
I hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...