unexplained weight loss
More information is needed.
Hello and welcome,
Broad range of factors may cause weight loss. The causes of unintentional weight loss may be either from medical conditions (endocrine disease, digestive problems, infections etc) or from social factors such as food intake, physical activity etc. The medicine that you are taking may cause unintentional weight loss (carafate) as well.
Please, tell me more by answering following questions so that I can address the issue better:
Do you know what is your actual body weight and what was it 6 or 12 months before? How tall are you?
If you do not have body weight readings how much weight do you think you have lost? And what period of time you think you lost?
Do you have any health issues?
Do you have tiredness? How do you evaluate you mood?
Do you have a change in appetite, or any change in stool habit or in frequency?
What was your last blood pressure and heart rate reading?
What medications are you taking besides carafate? How long have you been taking carafate and for what condition?
Any previous diseases, or surgery or trauma?
If you have recent lab tests (blood tests, thyroid function or liver function tests) could you provide please?
Please, reply me answers of the above questions. I will be happy to help you further.
Malik Amonov MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can one identify through visual inspection that Lortab medication is...
- Is Black Cohosh effective at treating diarrhea with hot flashes?
- I was staying in XXXXXXX I came to UAE 3
- What are the symptoms of kidney stones? I have stage
- Hi, I am having pains in my upper back where
- I am recovering from respiratory infection and have bumps and
- unexplained weight loss
- I just recently purchased a bottle of gold peak green
- What's causing my light headedness? I'ts not my heart...brain...nor vertigo
- I have been have dizzy spells, chills , and muscle