question-icon

uncomfortable pain from left shoulder blade over to shoulder but

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2019
Question: uncomfortable pain from left shoulder blade over to shoulder but from bicep, tricept all the way down to finger tips i have pretty extreme constant shooting pains, soreness, and numbing no matter what position i hold my arm. Thought i might have pinched a nerve, but not sure now. my pain tolerance is pretty high, but this is seems to be getting worse quickly.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

If pain is increasing rapidly, it's time to go in to be seen.

It's possible that there is nerve impingement, and given the numbness, it's time to have this evaluated.

NSAIDS such as ibuprofen or naproxen, which treat both inflammation and pain, might be appropriate, but first I think it would be important to see what it is that needs treating.

So... I recommend you go in now, to an urgent care or, if the pain is severe, an ER.

I hope this information helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh