to Dr Ditah can you have a look at blood

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: to Dr Ditah can you have a look at blood works
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your lab results.

1. Your kidneys are not in the best shape. They are failing. This is highlighted by the rising BUN levels and creatinine concentration. We must manage all factors that can aggravate this like Diabetes and Hypertension as well as avoiding medications that harm the kidneys such as OTC pain medications. Bring this to your doctor’s attention for Moree specifics.

2. If you have not been formally diagnosed with diabetes, it is about time you look into it. Your HBA1C points just to that. It is paramount that this be ascertained and managed according, especially with a falling renal efficiency.

3. You have low levels of VitD. This may be in line with the declining kidney function. You would benefit from ViD supplements. I generally offer 50,000IU for 8weeks then followed by oral maintenance dose. Endeavor to bask yourself also in sunlight.

4. All other tests results are within acceptable limits.

I wish you well and feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
2 a day Entresto 97mg-103

2 a dayCarvedilol 6.25 mg

1 Furosemide 40mg

1 bayer low dose 81mg

2 physio omega

3 Vitamin D3 1000IU

2 gummies B12 500 mcg
1 atorvastatin 20mg
1. clopidogrel 75mg
1 metformin er 500mg
but i feel ok ,50,000IU for 8weeks is this vitamin D3
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your doctor should add Losartan/Lisinopril to your treatment!

Detailed Answer:

Because you have both diabetes and hypertension, Losartan or Lisinopril or any other drug for this class is better as it also protects the kidneys. Your blood pressure goal should be less than 130/80mmHg so as to better protect the kidneys. Finally, consider a renal consult for kidney function evaluation and follow up.

Yes, 50,000IU is for VitD. However, there are many different treatment plans and your doctor might be using another which is still correct.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana