this is not about me. I am just trying to

Excellent

Question
this is not about me. I am just trying to ease my worry. I ran into a guy today who said he got paralyzed by the common cold. Is that even possible?
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Enterovirus is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns.

Yes, please note that there is a virus called enterovirus that causes symptoms that start similar to a common cold virus except that it rapidly progress to respiratory irregularities and might cause a temporary paresis or paralysis in one or more limbs...

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards

Follow-up: this is not about me. I am just trying to 19 minutes later
okay, so it's not exactly that a cold can paralyze you for life. It is this certain enterovirus that causes temporary paralysis? what type of respiratory irregularities do you mean specifically?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Develop rapidly

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, hello again.. respiratory irregularities are due to hypoxia which is accompanied by wheezes, coughing , rapid breathing, rapid heart rate and Pleurodynia which is pleural friction which causes intermittent chest pain usually over the lower part of the rib cage. i hope you find this helpful