suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
Vaginal wall prolapse or prolapse of the uterus
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
With age the vaginal wall muscles become weak. The ligaments and muscles supporting the pelvic organs also become weak. As a result the vaginal wall/or uterus may be sliding down ( prolapsing) when you stand up. That is why you are feeling the sensation of something coming out.
Do you have any other symptoms? If it is the anterior vaginal wall prolapsing along with urinary bladder then you may have difficulty in passing urine or urinary incontinence. If posterior vaginal wall along with rectum is prolapsing you may have constipation. If the prolapse is mild you may not have any complaints. It may also be uterus (womb) sliding down. This is called uterine prolapse.
It is important that you see your gynecologist for examination to find out which prolapse is this. This also gives a baseline record for future follow up.
This prolapse may worsen as years pass by. Or it may remain the same. It needs treatment if it becomes bothersome and affects your day today activities.
There are some things which you can do to prevent it from worsening.
1. Maintain normal BMI. If you are obese you must reduce weight.
2. Avoid lifting heavy objects. I don't think at 68 you are doing it. I mentioned it just in case you are doing it ( I do not know if you are working still and your profession).
3. If you have chronic cough you must take adequate treatment for it.
The above three factors can worsen prolapse by increasing abdominal pressure.
When you see your Gynecologist learn from her how to do Kegel exercise and do them regularly. This exercise improves the strength of pelvic muscles.
I hope I have answered your concerns. If you have any further queries do write to me. I will be happy to answer. If you have no further concerns please close the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for fever with respiratory symptoms
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of concussion
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of goiter
- Suggest treatment for flu like symptoms
- Suggest treatment for vaginal prolapse
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of adema
- Symptoms of vaginal prolapse
- Suggest treatment for kidney infection symptoms
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of bronchitis
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?