question-icon

stomache ache.rectual bleeding.passed blood clot when frst started,just bleeding now.mild

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019
Question: stomache ache.rectual bleeding.passed blood clot when frst started,just bleeding now.mild nausa.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
A number of causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma’am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but this could be due to a number of causes. If the bleeding color is bright then probably it is due to rectal problem such as hemorrhoids, ulcer, polyp or mass. This could be diagnosed either by a rectal examination or by colonoscopy. If the bleeding is brownish in color then the causes could be due to diverticulosis, inflammatory bowel disease or upper git causes as gastric ulcer.. These causes could be diagnosed by colonoscopy and upper git endoscopy. In the mean while you need to monitor the amount of blood lost to avoid anemia and decreased blood volume ( hypovolemia). I hope you find this helpful. if you don’t have any other clarifications then please close the discussion
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman