question-icon

started with some swelling lower left side skull behind ear.

Posted on Sat, 16 Mar 2019
Question: started with some swelling lower left side skull behind ear. Now I have some pain back of neck to upper back and left shoulder upper arm
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be infection or spondylosis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain and mild swelling that you have noticed behind the ear can be due to a swollen lymph node due to an infection in the area or due to spondylottic changes in the cervical spine. A direct examination and an MRI scan of the neck area will help in the proper diagnosis. Taking rest, avoiding using a pillow, mild pain killers and a hot compress can help in relieving this pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal (45 minutes later)
Thank you! Makes a lot of sense...
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (5 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Welcome .

Detailed Answer:

I am happy I could help.
Do recommend our services to your friends too in case you find it helpful.
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best Regards.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon