sore shoulder for about a week, also same arm tingling
Probably a pinched nerve in the shoulder, follow the advice below .
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to cervical radiculopathy or a pinched nerve in the shoulder.
A physical exam and a nerve conduction study are needed to confirm the diagnosis.
I recommend using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I also recommend using an anti inflammatory cream such as Voltaren gel.
I also recommend physical therapy to strength the muscles around the shoulder.
If the symptoms continue I recommend consulting a neurologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?