someone is giving me dylotin somehow,and now my doctor has
Please see details below
Hi, and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor service". I have read your question and here is my advice.
There is a little confusion in the question .If you mean "dilaudid" rather then dylotin then your doctor advice is quite right .
Morphine and all other opiods are quite potent pain killers.its one side effect is respirtory depression which can be fatal in over dose. Thier overdose and abuse has been a global concern as causing lot of fatalities due to over dose .So we need to be very care full in its doses .
Coming towards your probelm , if you are receiving dilaudid by some way ( you didn't mention how you get it ) , this is also an opiod and it is five times stronger then morphine. So if your are already taking it , then taking morphine with it can have serious side effects as dicussed above.So it's necessary that your dose of morphine be calculated .If you take two types of opiod , there is quite high risk of respiratory depression which may be serious. So advice of your doctor seems right , and that's all for your better health .
Please feel free to ask anything else or any special concern you have.
Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol