someone is giving me dylotin somehow,and now my doctor has

Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: someone is giving me dylotin somehow,and now my doctor has stopped giving me morphine for my canser?
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi, and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor service". I have read your question and here is my advice.
There is a little confusion in the question .If you mean "dilaudid" rather then dylotin then your doctor advice is quite right .
Morphine and all other opiods are quite potent pain killers.its one side effect is respirtory depression which can be fatal in over dose. Thier overdose and abuse has been a global concern as causing lot of fatalities due to over dose .So we need to be very care full in its doses .
Coming towards your probelm , if you are receiving dilaudid by some way ( you didn't mention how you get it ) , this is also an opiod and it is five times stronger then morphine. So if your are already taking it , then taking morphine with it can have serious side effects as dicussed above.So it's necessary that your dose of morphine be calculated .If you take two types of opiod , there is quite high risk of respiratory depression which may be serious. So advice of your doctor seems right , and that's all for your better health .

Please feel free to ask anything else or any special concern you have.

Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy