some time ago, I took a small amount of magic

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 in Mental Health
Question: some time ago, I took a small amount of magic mushrooms that just felt a bit stronger than cannabis at that time-forty years ago, I felt exactly the same after the feeling went two and a bit hours-I saw some faint geometric patterns. would this have caused any permanent brain damage even though I feel the same? Am I being a bit neurotic?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no evidence of permanent damage with magic mushrooms

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I must assure you that there is no evidence of permanent damage after a small dose of magic mushrooms. There is lot of debate over the issue as some individuals suffered with variety of neurotic disorders after use of magic mushrooms but the available data indicate that this is mere a coincidence/ maximally a precipitating factor for illness and nothing more.

Even if we ignore the studies there is nothing which can cause permanent damage to brain upto 40 years of intake as brain have good capacity to heal itself with use of neuroplasticity a mechanism of generating new neurons.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.