so i got my test results back for std test

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2019 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: so i got my test results back for std test and im not sure what to make of it. the doctor said everything is good minis a herpes test.. i have a negative igg herpes test... i also dont see hiv on this list is it part of one of the other test i was told i was gettin hiv test
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
STD test interpretation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question and attachments.
I had gone through the question and attachments, understood your concerns about STDs.
As per the test report, you were tested for Hepatitis B and C, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea (Nisseria), Syphilis (RPR) and Herpes Simplex virus. So you were not tested for HIV at all.
The second report had all of them except Herpes Simplex, were reported as negative. Herpes simplex test has not arrived yet. Since you were saying IgG Herpes is turned negative which was also tested for, you should lessen your anxiety. You are free from STDs as per the report.
Hope this answer will deliver some peace.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 18 minutes later
the second picture said the IGG test was negative but said the herpes acute antibodies test had not arrived am I missing something is there a second herpes test? OR do you think they meant HIV test?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Herpes test

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

IgG test is always about antibodies against past infection. The Acute antibodies are IgM against Herpes, about current infection, which may not have arrived yet. You can call up the diagnostics or the doctors clinic and ask for a full report with test results.
As per the picture, HIV test was not done at all.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj