sir just few days back my one right eye not

Neurologist
Question
sir
just few days back my one right eye not closing and water is leaking through lips. Carefully observed leaps slightly bent right side . I visited local n euro Dr and he suspected bells palsy . He advised some medicine and exercise.
I am suffering with SMZL (spleen marginal zone lymphoma) but it is under zero stage as per hematologist Dr. and not given any medicine.
My question is how I caught this new diseases. and how many days to cure. already three days over but one eye not closing and lips right side not opening properly . As per my knowledge cause of bells palsy is mainly due cold or ear infection . but I am confusing and worried . As per eye DR there is no relation with lymphoma .please advice. SIR I am diabetic patients and under oral medicine and under control.
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue same treatment along with physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and report and understand your concern.
Facial nerve involvement,isolated and unilateral mostly is considered idiopathic and termed as Bells palsy. It can occur due to excessive cold exposure or sometimes related to herpes virus infection related.
In diabetes, increased risk of nerve involvement exist.
As lymphoma diagnosed is at an early stage and unlikely to be related to facial palsy.
The treatment advised is right and should be continued.
The recovery may take few months. Physiotherapy is important and should be continued regularly.
Diabetes should be well under control.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Follow-up: sir just few days back my one right eye not 2 days later
Sir
I have gone through your answer and understand your concern. I went to my Dr j XXXXXXX for diabetic routine check and he suggested some medicine which is attached.
I doing Physiotherapy regularly but no relief till date. As you also told it will take time .My only concerned that treatment should go in right way. I am doing excercise in home also by seeing you tube .Initally I was not felling any differences in mouth only eye not closing but now mouth drooping going on .
Dr suggested to carry out sugar test and CRP .He also changed some medicine.

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue same treatment

Detailed Answer:
Continue the same medications.
Benefit will be visible at around 2-3 weeks.
Nothing to panic about.
Wishing you good health and early recovery.
Dr N Kumar

many many thanks sir
which treatment I will continued. DR B k XXXXXXX prescribed medicine wysolone and alcovir 800 completes ( only 5 days) and dr j XXXXXXX adviced dobesil 500mg which is going on. Galvanic and surge faradic stimulation going on . whether facial stimulation ok and which one is ok . Eye is still not closing. Any other test required for nerve check

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
You should take acyclovir and wysolone as advised.
Galvanic stimulation can be done along with physiotherapy.
Vitamin B12 supplements can be taken.
You can get nerve conduction study facial nerve study and blink reflex to know the amount of damage.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

sir
many many thanks. Acyclovir and Wysolone tablets advised for 5 days only .
Galvanic and SF also going on till date since last 12 days but no improvment. Dr B K XXXXXXX CALLED ON 18TH XXXXXXX as 15 days over. My full familly worried for no improvment

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Severe involvement may delay improvement

Detailed Answer:
The improvement depends upon initial status and may be slow in cases with severe nerve involvement.
The treatment is right according to Bells palsy.
No other additional treatment option available.
Dr N Kumar.
Neurologist