should i be concerned
The report results can be a matter of concern.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I already reviewed the attached reports.
Your symptoms seem to be related to thyroid nodules.
The majority of thyroid nodules isn't serious and don't cause symptoms.
They are benign in most of the time, but there is are small chance of maligne nodules.
So, in this case the biopsy is needed to confirm the nature of the nodules.
It is a procedure which is realised under ultrasound.
The doctor inserts a very thin needle into the nodule and removes a sample of cells.
I would also recommend to do the thyroid function tests for better evaluation of the thyroid function.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Not all the nodules should be biopsied.
Hi again dear,
In my clinical experience , we don't recommend the biopsy of the thyroid nodules smaller than 5 mm in diameter.
Biopsy of solid nodules smaller than 1 cm is also discouraged if no microcalcifications are present.
So, we insist on the biopsy of the nodules bigger than 1 cm.
Hope my answer was helpful.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?