question-icon

Should All These Meds Be Taken Daily Alendronate 70mg, Acetaminophen

Posted on Tue, 18 Sep 2018
Question: should all these meds be taken daily alendronate 70mg,acetaminophen 300mg,naproxen 500mg,haloperidol 5mg,trazodone 150mgdivalproex 250mg. please hurry with answer thank you
Answered by Dr. Arnold Zedd (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
question about poly-pharmacy

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A doctor. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
When a person increases the number of medications they are taking, they multiple the number of possible side effects they can have.
Let me give you just a few examples from the medicines you list:
If you take alendronate&haloperidol you could have
inability to walk, pain when swallowing, excess saliva, inflammatory bowel disease.
If you take divalproex& trazodone you could have chest pain, double vision, kidney failure, nausea and diarrhea, suicide.

Why do you wish to take so many medicines? Did one physician prescribe all of them for you? Do you have any medication allergies?
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
Arnold Zedd, MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Arnold Zedd

Pediatrician