question-icon

red lesions popping up on left side on back and

Posted on Wed, 6 Mar 2019
Question: red lesions popping up on left side on back and now underarm. A couple now forming on right side
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Skin infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through the query.

You seem to have furunculosis, which is a bacterial skin infection. I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin for a week. In addition I suggest you to apply an OTC topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily for a few days. You might need to ask for a prescription for these from your general practitioner.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Can you prescribe antibiotics? I do not have a Dr.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You need to get a written prescription from a doctor who also has a licence to practice in your country. Anyways, topical Neosporin ointment is available Over the Counter.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist