question-icon

please suggest a baby shampoo and body lotion/moisturizer for my

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2019
Question: please suggest a baby shampoo and body lotion/moisturizer for my 8 month old daughter.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Any shampoo/body wash free of sulfate and paraben can be used

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

The main thing which should be taken care of regarding shampoo or body wash in case of babies is that it should not contain the substance which causes irritation of skin or eyes.

Considering this almost all of the baby shampoos and body wash are free of sulfates and paraben. It makes the pH of lather same as tear and water and prevents irritation.

So any baby shampoo which is free of these chemicals can be safely used. Now there is head to toe cleaner (two in one) are available for babies avoiding the need of separate shampoo and body wash. Products like Chicco, Himalaya, Dove, Aveeno can be used. Chicco products are good as a moisturiser also.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology