pimples on my daughter's face ...more prone when she is
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query.
I suggest her to use Clindamycin 1% and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% combination gel (Clindoxyl gel) for her acne. In addition I suggest her to take oral Doxycycline 100mg Capsule daily for a few weeks.
I would like to rule out underlying hormonal abnormality. For that I need a few relevant details so that I am able to guide you accordingly.
How old is she? What is her body weight?
Does she complains of any irregularity in her menstrual cycles?
And does she has any coarse facial hair on chin, upper lip or side locks?
Hope to assist you further on this.
I suggest you to give her Oral Doxycycline (Cap. Microdox LBX 100mg ) on each night for 3-4 weeks and she may use Clindoxyl gel, twice daily for her face wash. I advice her to use a mild face wash e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion.
Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body