question-icon

pimples on face and its coms black marks

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019
Question: pimples on face and its coms black marks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding acne and dark spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

For acne I suggest you to take an oral antiacne antibiotic e.g either Doxycycline 100mg Cap, twice daily or Minocycline 50mg, twice daily for 3-4 weeks. In addition I suggest you to use 1% Clindamycin and 5% benzoyl peroxide combination gel (Clindoxyl gel) every night on your active acne and a kojic acid based cream (e.g Kojic cream) for acne spots, twice during daytime. Use a mild cleanser e g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion for face wash.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist