phlegm with red flecks (blood?) I have had a head
Probably an upper respiratory tract infection, more details are needed.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to an upper respiratory tract infection.
More information is needed to help me through the diagnosis.
Do you have fever?
Do you suffer from any other medical condition?
Are you taking any medications such as blood thinners or aspirin?
Meanwhile, I recommend taking anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I also recommend taking cough suppressants such as dextromethorphan or Triaminic Cold.
I suggest you to drink liquids and rest.
I will be waiting for your response to help you better.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Probably red flecks in phlegm due to the cough, not to be worried about.
Glad to know that you are feeling better.
The red flecks in phlegm are probably related to the cough, so you should not be worried.
If the symptoms continue I recommend you to do a blood test for further evaluation.
Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the advice given earlier and observe the progress...
Take care dear,
You are probably contagious as long as you will have the symptoms.
Hi again dear,
For the upper respiratory tract infections people become contagious about a day before cold symptoms and remain contagious for five to seven days.
So, if you are on the third day of your symptoms you are probably contagious.
I suggest you to avoid contact with your friend for a few more days.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?