our 28 year old daughter has a very strong metallic

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 6 Mar 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: our 28 year old daughter has a very strong metallic order. She has some issues, drinking to much, feel extreme highs and lows. seems like she is on extreme high and fast falling into lows. She had a Myrena underskin brith control put in approx, 2 years ago, and I see coorelations between this and her mental state, is this possible?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to skin infections or dehydration.

Detailed Answer:
A strong metallic odour from the body can be due to excessive sweating or skin infections or a dehydration. She needs to increase her fluid intake and keep the skin clean as much as possible. Get a good deodorant and use thrice a day.
Use medicated soap in place of routine toilet soap. I would advise Dettol/Savlon.
Cut down on fried fatty snacks/foods and the poultry products.
If still the trouble stays then give him a course of Clindamycin/Doxycycline antibiotics for 7days.
The mood changes and anxiety that she has can be related to the birth control patch but this can be confirmed only after removing it.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D