my wife is age 61. she had had the flu

Question
my wife is age 61. she had had the flu for over a week. the last three days, no fever. some coughing. she has very little appetite. in last 12 hours, she has vomited bile/liquid twice. she has eaten soup, small amounts of fruit, small amounts of bread, and some ice cream. she has consumed more water than usual. she is urinating, but small volumes of late. her most obvious symptom is fatigue.
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: my wife is age 61. she had had the flu 31 minutes later
it has been 25 minutes. where is the doctor's answer?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastric upset

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but occasionally cough specially productive ones cause gastric upset leading to vomiting and since she was not eating much then she was actually vomiting the gastric juices which are yellow in color..
I would recommend that she takes a cough suppressant as dextromethorphan once daily before going to bed together with an antihistaminic as citrizine also once daily before going to bed to stop the cough and metochlopromide to stop the vomiting every eight hours.. I hope you find this helpful..