my wife has developed white patches around her lips area.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 25 Dec 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my wife has developed white patches around her lips area. the previous dermatologist suggested to use tacroz but it did not have any effect. I am attaching the pics. please suggest what it is
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vitiligo, Basic fibroblast factor & mometasone cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be vitiligo.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply basic fibroblast factor like melbild lotion on the white patches at night followed by sun exposure for 5-10 minutes in the morning.
Also apply a topical steroid like mometasone cream on the affected areas in the morning.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad