my wife forgot to wipe off cetaphil mouturing lotion that
just discard the initial expressions, then it can be given...
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concerns...
Well, there are numerous chemicals in Cetaphil, and some of them may or may not have any harmful interactions with respect to the expressed breastmilk (wiping it off may not be beneficial always as it can absorb deep into the skin and blood vessels)...
So, a better option would be to discard the initial amounts of expressions (first 15-20 ml), then put the breastmilk into the bottle... in case of any doubt, it'd be better to discard this already expressed one, and store freshly expressed milk after washing the bottle thoroughly with RO/mineral water...
Hope this answers your query...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?