my wife, age 81, was diagnose with flu, and placed

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
my wife, age 81, was diagnose with flu, and placed on Tamiflu three days ago. Still sick, she has developed a wheeze.. Major problem?
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of bronchitis is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Viral upper respiratory tract infection (flu) can cause bronchitis (inflammation of lower airways) and cause wheezing.
No need to worry for this because bronchitis is usually subside by its own in 1 week time.
So continue with Tamiflu, maintain good hydration and do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
If she develops worsening wheezing or breathlessness or excessive coughing then consult doctor.
Please let me know if she is having breathlessness or excessive coughing along with wheezing.
I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.