my son almost 3 years old has unstable warm temperature,

Dr. Arnold Zedd

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2019 in Child Health
Question: my son almost 3 years old has unstable warm temperature, like its 37 and sudenly its 39 and he says he is cold and cry and sleep. we give some medicine when its over 39 and in the morning he wakes up like nothing happened. and he is not sick. this goes like this almost for 2 weeks. we did some blood test and his "eosinofil" is 11. (should be XXXXXXX 5. writes on the test paper) and no doctors can say something in the city.
Answered by Dr. Arnold Zedd 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Toddler with intermittent high fevers

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask a Doctor. I have read your query and here is my advice.
I am a pediatrician and took care of a child once whose illness was very much what you describe that your son is having.
My patient's infection was due to a particular virus that is known to cause infection with these features. A viral culture from my patient's nose was positive for the virus.
His high fevers occurred daily for about 2 weeks and they responded to acetaminophen.
When he stopped having fevers he seemed to be perfectly fine.
The most frequent cause of elevated eosinophils in a child's blood is an allergic condition such as hay fever or asthma. Another cause is a parasite(worm) infection in the GI tract or elsewhere in the body.
But an eosinophil count of eleven is not alarmingly high and should be repeated.

I hope I have answered your questions. You may ask more is you like.
I wish your son good health.
Arnold Zedd, MD, FAAP

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng