my son 6 years has cut himself on the upper
There is a slight risk.
Hello Mrs XXXXXXX
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.
Yes, there is minimal risk of HIV infection if your husband is not taking any medicines for the HIV right now.
You must consult ICTC center and get post exposure prophylaxis after proper counselling.
I hope I have answered your query.
Yes, very minimal risk, best to get post exposure prophylaxis.
Dear Mrs XXXXXXX
Even though the risk is minimal, you must get your son post exposure prophylaxis after consulting with ART center.
The risk is very very negligible, but why take the risk.
I hope that clears your doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...