my son 6 years cut himself on the upper lip
Some risk is there although it is minimal.
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
The risk of transmission of HIV from a used razor that does not have fresh bodily secretions on it, is minimal, but nevetheless is not zero. You need to administer post-exposure anti-retroviral prophylaxis to your child while you send his blood for evaluation. This needs to be taken seriously and managed properly.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever