my sgpt and sgot level raised upto 62. how i

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: my sgpt and sgot level raised upto 62. how i can control on that... i mean how i can lower it
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stop alcohol consumption and stop taking medicines that cause liver damage.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Ask a Doctor.

SGOT and SGPT are usually raised if there is some liver damage.

Liver cells can get damaged by alcohol, any amount of alcohol can cause this, so if you consume alcohol, you must stop it, or at the very least reduce the amount consumed drastically.

The second cause if certain medicines like paracetamol and ayurvedic medicines, these can also cause severe liver damage and hence the enzymes can be elevated.

Apart from these, there are some other causes such as obstruction to bile outflow, like a stone that has blocked the bile duct can also cause elevated liver enzymes.

You need to be looked at by a surgeon and an internist to look for the exact cause.

If you are taking any herbal medicines, or ayurvedic formulations, you must stop them at once.

Please do consult your surgeon and internist for a complete evaluation.

Hope you will find this information useful.

Best regards