my mother is 76 she has a pacemaker and recently
post stroke ischemic injury changes involving various regions of brain.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* In the event of stroke, there is hypo perfusion ( low blood supply ) to certain areas of
the brain and cause various systemic symptoms depending upon the location of the
artery involved in the process.
* The memory and writing commands involve Hippocampus and Wenicke areas of the
brain particularly consisting of pre motor, motor areas over frontal and temporal
* In a nut shell, the effect is called post stroke ischemic insult to the particular areas of
the brain responsible for messing up the issues with routine.
* The recovery varies depending upon the extent of lesion, body response and other
physiologic parameters, in general it varies a lot with percentage of recovery, time
period and other criteria.
* There are supportive cognitive therapies available which should be discussed with the
treating neuro physician during next planned follow up.
* At this point, I would particularly emphasize over deep breathing exercises and YOGA
for adequate perfusion of the brain along with continuation of currently prescribed
Wish her best recovery.
Would like to address further doubts regarding the issue.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools