question-icon

my lab test came back with a increased triglyceride and

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2019
Question: my lab test came back with a increased triglyceride and elevated hemoglobin A1. what dies this mean? is there any imediate danger. i am having a check-up with my trusted family physician 4%E2%80%933-19. T he lab test were done independently by a former employer. I would like to be familiar with this before hand, please advise.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload the report for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I will like to see what the entire report says. Increased triglycerides per se is not an issue unless it is out of the normal range. Normal range differs from one lab to the other and thus I will like to see the entire report before commenting. The same goes for A1c. If the values is not above 6.5, you don't have diabetes. If it is between 5.7 and 6.5, this means you have an elevated risk of having diabetes but you are not yet having diabetes.

In all, upload the entire report for a comprehensive review and more insights. I wish you well. Look forward hearing from you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah