my husband is 87 and generally in pretty good health.

Pulmonologist
Question
my husband is 87 and generally in pretty good health. But he has had a cold bad cough low fever for 3 days and now I have just taken his temp and it is 102 and he is coughing badly and aching all over. He had the flu vaccine. It is now midnight ;and I am not sure how urgent this is and what to do. (He is a doctor!)
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Follow-up: my husband is 87 and generally in pretty good health. 18 minutes later
The ;medications he is on now are Plaquenil, Flomax Simvastatin , Volaren and
medication for Reflux

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
antihistamines and nebulizer with steroids

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history it might be a viral situation.

Usually we recommend to take paracetamol and liquids in such conditions. If you have nebulizer he can do it with steroids like Clenil.And he can take antihistamines orally one tb if you have at home (desloratadine )

If he feels breathlessness than probably the medical help is needed in ER.If not than no worries it will pass after 3-5 days.

Hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: my husband is 87 and generally in pretty good health. 39 minutes later
Thank you for your answer it is helpful. I did not add that he is having frequent urination which is difficult to control.

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Unfortunately there is nothing to do at home for the urination to control.The medical help is needed fo this.

Dr.Jolanda