my husband has a platelet count of 67,000, he is
I would recommend peforming some tests:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that his symptoms could be related to a metabolic disorder.
For this reason, I would recommend performing further tests to investigate for the possible causes underlying his complaints:
- a cardiac ultrasound and NT Pro BNP levels
- thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid gland dysfunction
- vitamin D and vitamin B12 plasma levels for possible deficiency
- HbA1C levels for possible diabetes
- cortisol and ACTH plasma levels for possible deficiency
- magnesium plasma levels for possible defiency
- complete blood count, PCR, ESR for inflammation.
A blood lipid profile is necessary too. In case of low cholesterol levels, I would recommend stopping atorvastatin, which can trigger all this clinical situation.
You should discuss with his doctor on the above tests.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist