my husband had a fall yesterday. He landed on the
H/O trauma, bruise, severe pain, area of injury to rule out internal trauma
Thanks for the query about your husband.
Noted the history well and understood the concerns.
There is a blunt injury in the left side of back with a bruise.
The reasons to go to Emergency are:
To have proper clinical evaluation and investigations to rule out internal injuries. Such injuries can show up even after a few day or later hence it is best either to rule these out or get confirmed. Such conditions are as follows:
Retroperitoneal hematoma and trauma, may involve the kidney or not.
Spleen is on the same side and more fragile.
Injury to the spine, canal, cord - either direct or indirect causing further complications.
Bruise outside should always be investigated by CT scan and/MRI to see for internal injuries.
Age: with advancing age even trivial trauma can cause more serious injuries.
Severe pain in itself is an indication to go to ER.
Obviously other things to be observed are:
As you have noted - blood in urine.
Changes in stool.
Increase in bruise and/or swelling.
Any referred pains.
I hope this answers this your and helps in decision making.
Please give feedback.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...