my children nanny has Syphilis that been cured before, should
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
I wouldn't worry about your nanny having a history of syphilis. If she has been cured before, she no longer has the organism in her body and would not be able to pass it on to anybody else. This could be confirmed with blood tests such as a nontreponemal titer to make sure she is no longer infected.
However, even if by chance she did still have syphilis, she could not transmit the bacteria without having active lesions, which are usually genital but can also can be in the mouth. If she does not have any lesions or symptoms, she would not be at risk for passing it on to others.
I hope that reassures you, as in your situation it doesn't sound like there is anything to worry about. Please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I'd be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining