my baby is one month old. she gets very cranky

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019 in Child Health
Question: my baby is one month old. she gets very cranky when she's awake. she just wants to be held in hands and wants to stay swaddled. doesn't stay on bed and starts crying when kept. I'm very concerned about her behavior. what do I do?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is a very normal behaviour due to bonding

Detailed Answer:
Hi...I understand your concern and I would like to reassure you that this is very common behaviour in babies of this is due to development of mother and child bonding.

You cannot expect her to stay calm immediately but at the same time I suggest you gradually increase the periods she is staying in the crib rather than in your arms.

I know it is a very difficult suggestion to make but at the same time I would suggest that you keep yourself cool even if she cries so that she gets used to being on the crib.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad