my baby is 4 weeks old. I'm not getting adequate
Improve your nutrition.
Thanks for letting us know your health concern.
In the current scenario, please improve your nutrition as you are already using medication.
Increase proteins and also liquids. Try to maintain a gap of 2-3 hours between feeds. See if the baby is suckling properly. Get proper sleep and try to avoid anxiety.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
Thanks for writing back.
I would like to give a few suggestions and list some foods below:
1. Foods which are fried and spicy should be avoided. However, if you are a non-vegetarian, poultry, meat, fish and other sea food along with milk gives you most of the essential vitamins and minerals.
2. Apart from the non-vegetarian diet, fresh green leafy vegetables, fruits like banana, apple, nuts like almonds, oats, quinoa, beans, cabbage etc. can be eaten to provide iron and protein.
3. Feeds should be given 8-12 times per day. Check the baby during and after feed for gaseous distension. Feed the baby from both sides. Use of a breast pump an hour before the next feed improves milk secretion as the tissues are activated.
4. If the baby is active, sleeping well, gaining weight normally and is passing stool normally, this means the milk supply is sufficient.
5. Avoid caffeine, check for any infection if there is no improvement, manage your hormone doses if you are using any and avoid stress.
Hope you find this information useful. Please get back if you need anything else.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?