my baby is 4 months now....since small she just does

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
my baby is 4 months now....since small she just does not drink her milk willingly......off late she has been just fighting it and does not drink more than 60 ml in about 4-5 hours gap.....she weighs 6.4 kgs now....plzzz suggest something so that i can make my baby gain weight amd grow well......
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need more information - please answer my questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I understand your concern. I need more information before guiding you further. Please revert back to me with answers to my questions.

1. What is the exact date of birth?

2. What was the exact birth weight? You have already mentioned the current weight.

3. What is the current length of the baby?

4. How many times does she pass urine per day?

5. Does the baby vomit a lot?

6. Are you breast feeding the baby or bottle feeding?

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: my baby is 4 months now....since small she just does 10 hours later
1-18.9.2017
2-2.6
3-67cm
4-15-20
5-somtimes
6-bottle feeding

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You baby is doing excellent - don't worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I have calculated the percentiles of length and weight in comparison to the birth weight of the baby.

There are excellent. The weight centile is between 75th to 90th and the length centile is between 95th to 100th centile.

To be XXXXXXX she is longer than most kids of this age group. I hope the father and mother are taller than most in the society.

You need not do anything to increase the growth parameters of the baby. She is already doing excellently well.

Hope this helps and please get back if you have anymore queries regarding this. Happy to help anytime.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: my baby is 4 months now....since small she just does 3 hours later
can u please suggest me a way to help her gain morr weight please.....id like to see her as a podgy baby....i understamd nowadays there is a fear of obesity..but i want her to be a little more podgy....

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As a professional, I don't recommend your baby gaining more weight please

Detailed Answer:
Hi...as a health care professional and pediatrician, I do not recommend your baby gaining more weight please.

Too much weight in infancy predisposes to hyper reactive airways disease in the future.

As such once you start complimentary feeding after completion of 6 months age, you will be gradually introducing solids and the weight gain will improve by itself to your expected standards.

Hope you understand what I have explained.

I will be happy to help you in complimentary feeding advice if you can get back to me once your daughter completes 6 months of age.

I wish your kid a bright and healthy future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: my baby is 4 months now....since small she just does 23 minutes later
Thank you and sorry to trouble you...but she has touched her 5th month...can she start on semi solids now...if not please let me know..and also please suggest what should i start with at 6 months..

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on feeding a 4 month old

Detailed Answer:
Hi....till 6 months of age it is recommended to give only milk.

The gut will be too tender for solids and semisolids now.

The advice on complimentary feeding can be given after checking the then length and weight of the baby.

I suggest you to get back to me after she completes 6 months of age with her then current length and weight.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth