question-icon

my RBC , UA 20-30 / WBC , UA 2-4

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019
Question: my RBC, UA 20-30 / WBC, UA 2-4 /Epithelial Cells moderate and Blood ,UA Large standard range negative what does this means
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Presence of blood in urine, probably due to a urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I already reviewed your attached reports.

Based on the reports there is a presence of red blood cells in the urinalysis (20-30 /hpv, large standard ).

I also see the presence of epithelial cells which is moderate and the presence of bacteria which is occasional.

The urinalysis confirm the presence of a urinary tract infection.

Antibiotics may be needed to treat the infection.

I would recommend to do a urine culture to confirm the bacteria and the antibiotic which is effective in treating.

In my daily practice in urinary tract infections is ciprofloxacine twice a day for five to seven days.

I also recommend taking vitamin c supplements.

I suggest you to drink liquids and especially cranberry juice.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi